- - Administration
- Thomaston, CT, USA
- Part Time
Purpose: This position provides administration / receptionist support to the Company through the Executive Administration (EA) office. This is a part-time position and the schedule will be Monday through Friday, 12:30pm-5:00pm.
- Greet all visitors courteously and coordinate their visits; provides a professional first impression for visitors and callers
- Ensure that all visitors correctly sign into and out of the registry and are provided a visitor badge
- Answer basic questions and provide general information about the Company
- Ability to work with a multi-line telephone
- Coordinate lunch deliveries using MS Outlook Calendar
- Maintain Lobby Presentation Screen
- Support administrative offices with mailings
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to follow office procedures and to operate general office equipment
- Good typing and computer skills, coupled with strong interpersonal and communications skills; positive work style
- Effective time management, organizational and follow-through on assignments.
- High degree of confidentiality and discretion
- Microsoft Suite 2013 and higher
- Customer Service skills
- Works with Executive Office Administrator to improve functionality of reception area and administration, while maintaining positive visitor and employee experiences.
- Reports to the Exucutive Admin and ensures that all work is done in accordance with position requirements and Company policies and procedures. Keeps open communication with EA on progress and problems.
Physical Requirements / Work Schedule:
- Job requires sitting at a desk doing normal office work, including phone communications and using a computer.
- Also involves standing and walking in the reception area.
Environmental / Safety / Time Allocation:
- Spends approximately 95% of time working at a desk in a normal office environment.
- Spends about 5% of time on work away from desk, including going out into shop. Must wear eye protection and any other required personal protective equipment while on the shop floor.
Education / Experience:
High School diploma (minimum) with some relevant administrative experience, including solid knowledge of Microsoft Office products: Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word. Business School certificate or AS Degree ideal.
Ward Leonard is an industry leader in military and marine electric motors, generators, power control components and systems. Founded in 1892, Ward Leonard has for more than a century provided its customers with the highest quality electrical machinery for power delivery, AC/DC conversion, and power management.
Ward Leonard is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.