- - Sales
- HOUMA, LA, USA
- Full Time
This position manages the full cycle service process on motors and generators including quoting, customer service, and follow through on all service orders. Interfaces directly with customers and representatives from other departments to ensure timely delivery of services. Promotes the company's Continuous Improvement initiatives.
This position requires knowledge of project management duties paired with good time management and organization skills. Essential duties include:
• Providing customers with quotes in a timely manner; maintaining follow up regularly to proceed to the purchase order process.
• Creating accurate and comprehensive purchase orders based on customer information and ensuring customer approvals on PO's in a timely manner.
• Ensure requirements for delivery, quality, and price are met.
• Interfacing and following up with customers on a daily basis as well as updating and assisting customers on a daily basis via phone, email, and on-site visits.
• Update and provide quotes to customers on any unforeseen repairs.
• Place orders for specialty parts needed to complete a job.
New and Used Equipment Sales
• Provide customers with quotes on all new and used motor/generator sales when contacted for an RFQ or a customer inquiry.
• Replace all "non-repairable" and junk jobs with new service orders.
• Assist customers who request assistance in finding used equipment on the used market.
• Maintain new motor inventory as well as used inventory lists.
Service & Repair Shop Duties
• Create a job number for the customers and schedule job for tear down in ACS (ERP system).
• Distribute job pack with tear down and inspection sheets to technicians.
• Daily check on equipment being repaired in the shop in order to maintain an efficient timeline and provide customers with a status.
• Estimate repair after tear down and inspection; look for alternatives if the job is not economical to repair; with management approval on estimates, provide customer with an update.
• Maintain an organized work scope in ACS (ERP system) per tear down and updated inspection forms for technicians.
• Provide customers with shipping instructions and proper charge codes once a job is complete.
• Prepare job for shipment or pickup, creating a delivery ticket in ACS (ERP system).
• Ensure all paperwork is complete, available, and approved by management prior to invoicing.
Shipping & Receiving
• Plan routes for the company truck deliveries and pickups.
• Ensure all dates quoted to customer are reasonable and schedule accordingly.
• Advise corresponding personnel of incoming jobs.
• Line up all hot shots.
Job requires a combination of sitting (65% of the time) and standing, walking, bending (35% of the time) throughout the day. Must be able to operate general office equipment, including a computer.
Environmental / Safety Issues
Occasional exposure to fumes, working near heavy machinery and equipment when working in the shop. The employee will be trained on safety and the use of Personal Protective Equipment and is expected to adhere to safety policies at all times.
• Ability to work weekends and after hours as needed.
• Moderate technical background with a foundational understanding and/or hands-on experience in rotating electrical equipment.
• Excellent client-facing and internal written and verbal communication skills.
• Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking abilities.
• Experience with ACS ERP system.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Equipment Used to Perform Job
General office equipment, Personal Protection Equipment
Education / Experience
High School diploma and at least 1 year experience as a project manager or customer service representative, preferably in the Oil & Gas Service Industry